You want to enjoy the beautiful coast line but do not miss the splendid hinterland of the Algarve? In our new special, you can do both! In a unique cooperation between B&B Casal da Eira and B&B Villa Laguna, we offer you a varied East Algarve hiking week.
We offer you a wonderful stay at B&B Casal da Eira in São Brás de Alportel ánd B&B Villa Laguna in Fuseta. You do six beautiful walks in the hilly inland and in the coastal area of the Eastern Algarve.
The East Algarve hiking package includes:
3 or 4 nights at B&B Casal da Eira in a double bedroom with the following hikes in the hinterland of the Algarve:
• We will take you by car to Parises, a small village with a café. Here begins the well-signposted walk. You walk through a nearly deserted hilly area with beautiful cork oak- and eucalyptus trees. In spring, you see lots of flowers along your path. You have beautiful views even to the coast! With the scent of rosemary, lavender and thyme on your way, you reach São Brás de Alportel. You’ll cross several streams, sometimes with stepping stones, sometimes you have to take your shoes off. The earlier in the season, the more water. Between May and October, most of the streams run dry. The more difficult hike has a total length of 18.5 km. The walk can be shortened on request if you are a less experienced hiker.
• We will take you by car to Barranco do Velho, where the more easy hike begins to Salir. You walk from high to low range. After the descent through dense cork oak forest and along many medronho bushes, you come in more agricultural land. You will find some houses along your path. Salir is a nice rustic village with several cafés and restaurants and some local craft shops. The hike takes about 15 km.
• We will drive you to Querença, a beautiful white mountain village with a pretty church square. On the square, there a few cafes and restaurants. Definitely worth to look around. From there you walk to the marked trail and descend slowly down to Loulé. Loulé is a lively town with an ancient Moorish market hall, beautiful church and old castle walls. The walk is about 15 km long.
3 or 4 nights at B&B Villa Laguna in a double bedroom with the following hikes in the coastal area of the Algarve:
• A visit (by train from Fuseta) to the authentic fishing town of Olhão and then with the little ferry to the island Armona, in the Ria Formosa. Take a stroll through the quaint village where time seems to stand still. You walk along the nearly deserted beach in about 2 hours back to Fuseta (by water taxi or ferry). The costs of the train, ferry or water taxi, are not included (in total max. € 10.00 per person).
• A long walk through the hinterland of Moncarapacho and Quelfes. The walk is about 18 km but it is possible to shorten. The transportation to the starting point and from the end point is included, as is the use of GPS.
• A beautiful walk from B&B Villa Laguna to the lovely town of Tavira. The walk takes you through the Ria Formosa nature reserve and agricultural areas. Tavira is definitely worth a visit. From Tavira you take the train back to Fuseta. The costs of the train are not included (around € 4.00 per person). The hike is approximately 15 kilometers long.
What is included?
Transfers to and from Faro airport;
7 nights in a double bedroom with breakfast;
6 walks as defined above;
6x packed lunch during hiking days;
Max 4x transport to the restaurants for dinner (dinner costs not included) in São Brás de Alportel.
You can choose between the following options:
In which B&B (Casal da Eira or Villa Laguna) you want to stay 3 nights or 4 nights;
Where you like to start and end (São Brás de Alportel or Fuseta) your holiday;
Would you like to do all the walks, or take a day off at the day you change from B&B;
Of course you can book extra nights at one or both guesthouses.
All based on availability.
The price for this varied East Algarve hiking week (7 nights) is € 425.00 per person based on a reservation and room occupancy by 2 persons. The price of the package for one person is available on request.
You can book our East Algarve hiking week in March, April, May and October.
For more information and / or reservations please contact us or:
B & B Villa Laguna: 00351-926880166, firstname.lastname@example.org (www.villalaguna.nl)
B & B Casal da Eira: 00351-916283680, email@example.com
For another hiking special look at ‘hiking along the Via Algarviana‘.